What are the tuition/billing due dates?

For up-to-date tuition and billing due dates visit the Finance website.

How can I receive the student bill?

Students are notified via email when their student account statement is ready to be viewed in Wolverine Access. Bills are not mailed directly to students or families. If you would like to receive an email when your student's account statement is ready to view, your student must first authorize you to view the account statement in Wolverine Access. After you have been authorized, you can set up a "Friend Account" in Wolverine Access. Complete details about this process are available on the Information and Technology Services website.

What is the mailing address for students living in residence halls?

Each residence hall is subdivided into "houses". The mailing address for a student living in the residence hall includes the room number, the house name, the residence hall name, and the street address, as well as the city, state and zip code.


Taylor Smith
123 Chicago House, West Quad
541 Thompson Street
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1360

Jordan Jackson
123 Reeves House, Markley
1503 Washington Heights
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-2015




When is Parents & Family Weekend?

Parents & Family Weekend takes place during fall term each year. The date varies based on the home football game schedule. For this year's date and information about how to register, visit the Parents & Family Weekend page.

Where can I find visitor parking on campus? 

There are several university lots with central pay machines located throughout the campus, plus one visitor structure located at Palmer Commons. For a full list of university lots/structures and rates visit Campus Visitor Parking.

On Central Campus, there are two main public parking structures that are located at 324 Maynard Street and 650 S. Forest Street as well as parking structures throughout downtown Ann Arbor, a short walk from Central Campus.

Parking meters can be found along many campus streets. Most parking meters in the campus area utilize the ePark meters which take coins or credit/debit cards.

What is the difference between Dining Dollars and Blue Bucks?

Dining Dollars are purchased as part of a meal plan and can be used in the residential dining halls, cafes, and dozens of other on-campus eateries. Dining Dollars roll over from fall to winter term and expire at the end of the academic year. Find more information about Dining Dollars and meal plans.

Blue Bucks are U-M's on-campus currency. They can be used wherever Dining Dollars are accepted as well as dozens of other on-campus locations like the university bookstore. Blue Bucks do not expire and are refundable at any time. More information about Blue Bucks can be found on the Blue Bucks website.

When are the graduation ceremonies? 

Commencement activities take place at the end of fall term and the end of winter term. Details about the programs can be found on the Commencement website.

Where can my student go if they are not feeling well and need medical care?

University Health Service (UHS) is your student's campus health and wellness resource, offering comprehensive clinical services plus support for their well-being. Most services are free for currently enrolled U-M students (Ann Arbor campus). If your student is not feeling well, encourage them to call UHS and schedule an appointment to see one of their trained clinicians. Visit the UHS website.

Is there a fee for using the University Health Service?

Students pay a health service fee as part of their student tuition. This fee covers students taking regular classes on the Ann Arbor campus. It covers most services at UHS. Some services are not covered by this health service fee, and students pay or use billable insurance for those services. For more information about what is covered and what is not covered for students at UHS, please visit their website.

What can I do if I think my student could benefit from professional mental health support?

It is normal for students to experience anxiety as they make adjustments to university life and the many changes they are experiencing. The staff at Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) are available to help students have a successful and growth promoting experience at the University of Michigan.

If you have a concern, it is recommended that you express your reasons for concern in a straightforward, yet loving, and supportive way. It might be helpful to say something like, “I am worried about you. You just don't seem to be yourself lately. Have you thought about going to talk to someone about your concerns? I think it would be really good for you to talk with an objective person who can help you sort out whatever is bothering you. Will you go over to CAPS and make an appointment?”

For more information about the services that CAPS provides, please visit the CAPS website.

How can I find out my student's grades?

The University of Michigan is subject to a federal law called the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) that sets privacy standards for student educational records and requires institutions to publish a compliance statement, including a statement of related institutional policies. Student grades are subject to privacy protection by FERPA, so parents are not able to access student grades. The best approach is to ask your student directly.

Is there a single waiver that my student can sign so I can have access to all of the records that FERPA covers?

U-M does not have a single waiver that students can sign to give parents and families access to their records. By direction of the Board of Regents, however, each office that maintains student records is required to develop a written statement of its policies and procedures for handling those records; that statement is available in the particular office. If you’d like access to certain information, you can ask your student to provide permission to the office that is handling the particular matter. Written permission must be provided for each request. It is not a blanket release to the individual, rather permission for a specific transaction.

Will I be notified if my student is hurt or in danger?

If we learn of an emergency involving one of our students, we will attempt to notify the student's parents in accordance with specific departmental emergency notification policies and procedures. Hospitals and police agencies may also maintain separate emergency contact information. Similarly, other university departments or programs may request and maintain emergency contact information for specific purposes, such as University Housing or study abroad programs.

Students, faculty and staff are automatically enrolled to receive U-M Emergency Alerts via email and text message/SMS. Your student can visit alerts.umich.edu to verify or update their mobile number currently enrolled in the system.

Individuals who are unaffiliated with the university can sign up for emergency alerts on their mobile device. Learn more about emergency alerts.

Where can my student do laundry on campus?

Each residence hall has its own on-site laundry facilities that accept coins. Students may also pay using a mobile app. Residents must provide their own laundry detergents and dryer sheets. There are no laundry supply vending machines available. For more details visit the University Housing website.

Is there a place my student can store their belongings for the summer if they are out-of-state?

There is no storage space in the residence halls or apartments for personal property over the spring/summer. One option is to use the university-contracted vendor John's Pack & Ship. For a fee, this university-contracted vendor can receive, store and deliver packages to your student’s building prior to their arrival. Use of this vendor's services is optional. All transactions are strictly between you or your student and the vendor.

Where can I find your privacy policy?

Please see the Office of Enrollment Management’s Privacy Policy webpage, which governs the Office of Undergraduate Admissions, the Office of Financial Aid, the Office of New Student Programs, the Office of the Registrar, and Parents & Families.